October 25, 2010

halloween: zombie + undead



There is nothing better than the thrill of Halloween. It's the time of year that I love. The crispness in the air, the mystery of the night sky and ghoulish makeup galore!

This past weekend I attended an early Halloween party and because my boyfriend was dressing up as Shaun from the film 'Shaun of the Dead', I thought a zombie girl would be a fun idea. I know there are so many variations of what a zombie would look like, so I interpreted the look in my own way. I work A LOT so I needed a costume that wouldn't take a lot of time to get ready. Clothes were easy; bloody up a shirt and look all around ragged and beaten up. The makeup was the fun part. Making myself look like an undead, flesh eating ghoul was a lot easier than one might think.

Here is the breakdown of what I did:

FACE
  • NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk (lightly blended all over skin as a base)
  • MAC Select Cover Up Concealer in NW15 (used as a foundation)
  • NYX blush in Taupe (contour)
  • MAC eyeshadow in Scene (contour)
  • Duo surgical adhesive (to create cuts/sores)
  • MAC Gloss (in cuts/sores for shine)
  • MAC eyeshadow in Gesso (highlite)
  • MAC eyeshadows in Scene/Chrome Yellow/Lime/Fig1/Brun (to create bruising)
  • Generic Fake Gel Blood (around mouth/nose/neck/wounds)
EYES
  • MAC Paint Pot in Painterly (base)
  • MAC eyeshadows in Scene/Chrome Yellow/Lime/Fig1/Brun (to create sunken in socket/bruised effect)
  • MAC Gloss (on lid and under the eye)
  • Maybelline The Falsies mascara in Black
LIPS
  • MAC Paint Pot in Painterly (to lighten my naturally dark lips)