March 4, 2010

REVIEW - Annabelle Mineral Powder Foundation


Hey darlings!

I am stoked to do a review on Annabelle's Mineral Powder Foundation today. I received a bunch of goodies from Annabelle/Marcelle Cosmetics a few weeks ago and over the next little bit (as I test them out), I'm going to be sharing my experiences with the various products.

I know that I come off as a MACaholic based on my 'face of the day' looks but I am very open to using and working with lots of different brands. Here is my blurb about what I thought of this foundation.

Normally, I don't tend to reach for a powder foundation for the day to day because I find that it doesn't give me the finish and coverage that I personally like. Using this (and a concealer) alone - sans liquid *gasp* - was a real challenge but I did it and to my surprise found it quite good. The coverage was a light to medium one which is what I like and it felt like absolutely nothing (in a good way) on the skin. To compare it to other popular and recognizable brands, I would say Bare Minerals and MAC Mineralize Loose Foundation comes to mind. Another plus is that it retails for around $15 CDN which is awesome for a gal on a budget.

I will admit, I did go back to my liquid foundation/tinted moisturizer (can't help it), but now I use this powder foundation as an alternate setting powder to my MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Nautral.

To conclude this little review, I would definitely give this mineral powder foundation by Annabelle a try. I was quite impressed with the quality of the product and how healthy my skin looked wearing it. I've clearly proven that it's a versatile makeup that can be used alone or over a liquid foundation.

For more info on this or other Annabelle products, visit their site here and stay tuned for my future reviews on some of their other products.

xo

No comments: