March 31, 2009

NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils


There are not enough great things I can say about this product. I recently found NYX Cosmetics at my local Rexall/Pharmaplus by accident. I had heard many positive reviews on some of this brands selections, but the Jumbo Eyeshadow pencils piqued my interest the most.

As you can see in one of my older posts, I had treated myself to a sweet little haul of NYX products and have even returned to that drug store to pick up a few more of these pencils.

My current collection of NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow pencils are:

Black Bean - kind of a metallic/creamy black soot 
Slate - a silver/pewter/grey shade
Rust - more on the red side of the spectrum, pretty metallic/frost finish
Gold - reminds me of MAC's Goldmine if it were a creamy pencil
Purple - looks blue at first, but applies a nice purple

Now my suggestion to all you bloggers and makeup aficionados, is not to use these as an eyeshadow on their own. Guaranteed they will crease on you! The trick is to apply these as your base eye colour and use your powder shadows or pigments on top. Using this technique not only sets the pencil, but also allows greater vibrancy in your eye shadow colours with all day wear.
If you are currently using MAC Shadesticks with this technique - save some $$ with these instead. I found that the MAC equivalent was dry to apply, and with these - oh so creamy. They will not tug on the delicate eye area, which is a big bonus.

Another way to use these is as a liner. If you like a smoky eye, definitely apply one of the darker shades along the lash line and smudge. It's beautiful! The lighter shades that have a bit more of a reflective finish are a gorgeous highlight for the brow bone, the cheek area, and top of the cupids bow. Create that dewy look!

So how can you say no? Really. It's a multi-use product that is very reasonable. I believe that these are about $6-7 CDN and $3-4 USD

I would love to have these pencils in every shade!

Thanks for reading!

www.nyxcosmetics.ca
www.nyxcosmetics.com

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

I wish we had NYX around here!

-Chrissy
http://cosmeticfixation.blogspot.com